Disability Rights Activist | Accessibility Advocate | Social Entrepreneur
Turning Challenges into Opportunities, and Barriers into Accessibility.
I am Sooraj P. A., a disability rights activist, accessibility advocate, social entrepreneur and long-distance rider dedicated to promoting equality, accessibility, dignity and opportunities for persons with disabilities.
My Journey
My journey is a story of courage, resilience and purpose.
In 2012, my life changed following a spinal cord injury. What initially appeared to be a life-changing setback became the beginning of a new mission.
Instead of allowing barriers to define my life, I chose to work towards breaking those barriers for others.
Since then, I have dedicated myself to disability rights, accessibility advocacy, empowerment and creating opportunities for persons with disabilities.
My journey has taken me from personal challenges to social action — from learning to live with barriers to working to remove them from society.
Today, I continue to travel, campaign, advocate and work with communities to promote a society where persons with disabilities can live with equality, dignity, independence and freedom.
My Roles & Initiatives
♿ Voice of Disabled
General Secretary
Voice of Disabled works for persons with disabilities across all 21 disability categories and their parents/caregivers. The organisation works for disability rights, accessibility, dignity and equal opportunities and conducts awareness programmes on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPwD) Act, 2016.
π Handicrops
Founder
Handicrops provides free vocational and employment-oriented training for persons with disabilities. The initiative focuses on developing practical skills, supporting self-reliance and creating better livelihood and employment opportunities.
π± Eco Made
Founder
Eco Made supports persons with disabilities by helping provide necessary materials and resources, while also promoting digital empowerment through social media marketing training. Its website also provides a platform for online product sales.
π΅ Eagle Specially Abled Riders
Kerala President
Through Eagle Specially Abled Riders, Accessibility Awareness Rides are organised to promote disability inclusion, accessibility and equal rights. These rides demonstrate the abilities of persons with disabilities and challenge social and physical barriers.
What I Do
♿ Disability Rights Advocacy
I advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities and promote awareness and implementation of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
♿ Accessibility Advocacy
I work to identify accessibility barriers in public places, buildings, transportation and essential services, and advocate for practical solutions.
π Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
Through Handicrops and related initiatives, I support free vocational training and entrepreneurship opportunities for persons with disabilities.
π± Sustainable Livelihoods
Through Eco Made, I promote eco-friendly products while creating opportunities for persons with disabilities to participate in sustainable entrepreneurship and digital commerce.
π΅ Accessibility Awareness Rides
I undertake long-distance Accessibility Awareness Rides to demonstrate the abilities of persons with disabilities and raise awareness about accessibility and inclusion.
π’ Community Empowerment
Through community programmes and awareness campaigns, I work to connect persons with disabilities with information, opportunities, resources and support.
π️ Policy Advocacy
I engage with government departments, organisations and communities through representations, petitions and recommendations aimed at improving accessibility, inclusion and equal opportunities.
π Recognition & Achievements
My work in disability inclusion, accessibility advocacy and social empowerment has received several recognitions, including:
- Kerala State Disability Role Model Award
- NCPEDP Helen Keller Award
- India Book of Records recognition
- Several other awards and recognitions
- Certificate of Appreciation from Shri Ramdas Athawale, Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment
My Accessibility Awareness Rides and advocacy initiatives have also earned multiple records and recognitions.
πΈ Gallery
My journey has been documented through photographs from long-distance rides, awareness programmes, training sessions, awards, exhibitions, public events and community initiatives.
π° Media
My journey, awareness rides, achievements and disability advocacy initiatives have been featured through print, television, digital and online media platforms.
My Vision
“A truly inclusive society where accessibility is not a privilege, but a right for everyone.”
I envision a society where persons with disabilities are not defined by their limitations, but recognised for their abilities, contributions and potential.
My Mission
To advocate for disability rights, break accessibility barriers, create opportunities, empower persons with disabilities through skills and entrepreneurship, and build greater awareness for an inclusive society.
Building an Inclusive Future
My work brings together disability rights, accessibility, entrepreneurship, skill development, awareness and policy advocacy with one common purpose:
To turn barriers into opportunities and build a society where every person can Live, Learn, Work, Travel and Dream with dignity and equality.
Journey | Achievements | Awareness Rides | Gallery | Media
The Journey Continues…
From overcoming personal barriers to working towards removing barriers for others.

No comments:
Post a Comment